Getting Along With Niche Influencers.
Getting Along With Niche Influencers.
You must have come across the phrase, “It’s not WHAT you know, it’s WHO you know”. This should open your eyes to how beneficial and important niche influencers are to your business. The combination of niche influencers and niche networking will do your brand a lot of good.
Niche Influencers – What and Why
A niche influencer is a person who has an established name in their field of expertise, and within social networks, through the content they publish online and their niche-related activities, such as appearing in interviews, conferences, and more. The name Bill Gates, Emeril Agassi, Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil immediately ring a bell. We immediately know what niche they are associated with, and the fact that they are high-profile, due to the media attention their activities garner.
Connecting with a few key online influencers will give you far better results than connecting with lots of people who don’t hold any real influence, don’t know much about the niche, and don’t know or care who you are or what you do. Through getting the attention of a niche influencer, a wide range of opportunities will open up and you’ll have a much wider audience.
The trouble is that everyone and their dog will want to connect with these influencers too. Here are some top tips for connecting with niche influencers successfully to grow your brand and increase your profits.
- Have a Knowledge of Your Niche: This is the first step to connecting with your niche influencers. You’ll have to start identifying your potential clients, their hangouts, who their present clients are, and who they follow.
- Pinpoint Niche Influencers: Search out the influencers in your niche and where they are. There are tools to accomplish this, such as BuzzSumo, BirdSong Analytics, and Twellow.
- Keep Up with the Influencers: See what kind of content they are publishing in relation to your niche. What kinds of products and services are they selling? What kinds of feedback are they getting? Make notes as you go along to inspire you in terms of trying to do things better, faster, and cheaper. Also, note ways in which you complement each other, rather than compete with each other.
- You need a Professional Profile: For every social media network you are working on, there’s a need to create an amazing profile. While you are following the influencers, check out their profiles. Do you see something you’d like to add to your own profile? If so, add something similar while also making it unique to you. A professional profile is a great way to boost your credibility.
- Subtle Contacting: After a while of following quietly and have got your profile up and running, create a low-key interaction with these influencers. Comment, like, and share in a structured way related to your marketing strategy, that is, what you wish to accomplish.
- Reach Out to These Influencers: In your contact with influencers, be specific in your explanation of what you need. Let them know what they don’t have that you are bringing to the table. If you would like to be a guest blogger, give them samples of your work. If you would like them to be a guest blogger, or allow you to interview them, make sure your site is packed with niche-related content that their audience will be interested in as well.
- Be patient. Plan to do things or make changes over a 6 month period. Take your time to get to know them and vice versa. The better you understand them and their product line and influence in your niche, the more likely they will want to work with you down the line. Your knowledge will shine through compared to the many people who want to connect with them for the own benefit.
While these top tips for connecting with niche influencers will increase your chances, it’s up to you to make it worth their while. So, start your transformation into becoming an influencer in your own right and see how many niche influencers you can connect with on a meaningful level.